Event though I couldn’t make it to KL, I was able to watch the board briefing live on-line.
Daniel Rex commented that our organization grew by over 7% this year!
– 7.3 percent membership growth
– 17.2 percent new club growth
– Five new countries added Toastmasters clubs (Guinea, Iraq, Liberia, Uganda, Uruguay)
– The number of education awards earned by members increased in all categories
– Growth both in North America (4.5 percent) and internationally (15.6 percent)
He also mentioned that the REP (Revitalized Educational Program) will have 10 learning paths (a new bit of information) and is still planned for a 2015 release.
TI’s Web 2.0 is due to launch in the next month or so. A better Toastmasters web site that should be easier to use.
There was also a reference to virtual clubs, but I didn’t catch what was said there.
Muhammed Murad briefed on club quality
82 elements of club quality – I’ll add the link when it’s available
Recommended changes to the DCP for 2016-2017
– Adding Moments of Truth twice per year as prerequisite for DCP
– Club Success Plan as prerequisite for DCP
– HQ staff tasked with studying club meetings frequency as it pertains to quality
Jim Kokocki briefed on leadership selections
– Included making district elections have similar processes to international elections, including standard bio template, standard nomination dates, creating of templates for ballots and counting materials and adding e-learning for the election process.
Mike Storkey briefed on the retention committee
– add a DCP requirement recognizing retention
– include mentor in application form
– recognition for continuous membership and service – WHQ will analyze how this recognition
– WHQ will study feasibility of annual dues payment and member payment of dues on-line
– accreditation – this is part of REP, and should have a positive impact on retention
– district level surveys for why members leave
John Lau – Strategic Planning Committee
– not much here, but I thought I heard him say they were looking at having International Director positions not be by region in the future. This sounded like an item in study, but I’m not sure what that meant.
The outgoing International Directors also made their parting comments.
Pat Johnson gave the memorial presentation for those Past International Presidents and Past International Directors we lost in the last year:
1964-1966 ID Rex Davenport
1972-1973 IP Donald W. Paape
1985-1978 ID Mary Margaret Dockendorf-Kibler
1987-1989 ID Frances Weaver
2007-2009 ID Tevis Thompson