Ever lost a week of your life to a silly illness? For me, it hasn’t been a whole week, but from Wednesday through Saturday I’ve been unable to get anything of value accomplished due to a sudden virus. I won’t gore you with details, but I’ve lost 3 complete days to sleep, and in fact this post is the first coherent thought I’ve put together in more than 72 hours.
What is the best recovery plan for this lost time, especially with the holidays upon us? A couple of things will just have to be considered lost to the cause:
1. Blog posts for those days
2. This week’s book for the book review tomorrow
3. Toastmaster meetings I missed (three, this week)
Some other things I’ll have to work extra to make up:
1. Work projects that need progress before the holidays
2. Preparation for my own holiday plans
3. Prep for my next speech in early January
Overall, I’d say losing 3 days to this isn’t the worst thing that could have happened, so I can be thankful for that. But no one I know likes behind the power curve, especially with the holiday season in full swing. As my brain starts working again, I expect to have some more relevant posts ready for the blog, so stay tuned..and stay healthy!