This week, Toastmasters International is holding their Annual Convention at the Marriott in Palm Desert California.
Here are a couple of thoughts for those coming between today and Wednesday:
1. The Palm Springs airport is small. You don’t have to worry about getting lost looking for your luggage. The ride to the Marriott is ~20 minutes.
2. Bring your swimwear. The pool here is nice, and the weather is “warm” (it’s a dry heat).
3. Bring capacity. There will be some free materials from the ID candidates, as well as a wonderfully-stocked TI store. Not to mention all of the tourist-crap for sale everywhere.
4. Check the TI website for the schedule. Plan who you want to see. Jim Key, Rory Vaden, Lance Miller and other great speakers will be there. Also, you can download and print their handouts in advance.
5. Have fun. The weather is great, the hotel is beautiful, and the people are going to be a blast.
P.S. Volunteer! It’s fun and you’ll meet cool people, see more and get to do more.
I hope to see you there!